Tyler Langenkamp has over 25 years of experience advising clients across many industries on the development of major initiatives and compliance programs related to anti-money laundering (AML) and sanctions, risk management and mapping, bankruptcy and restructuring, as well as investigations and dispute resolution.
Tyler’s experience has typically involved solving complex business problems for clients in financial services, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, insurance, industrial services, telecommunications, as well as other industries. He has also worked with many national law firms. His engagements tend to be multifaceted, data-intensive projects where policies, procedures, and regulations intersect with information acquisition, management, remediation, and analysis.
Tyler brings expertise in Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/AML compliance. He advises organizations on the risks they face, often building data and analytics tools to map and understand that risk. Tyler helps bridge the gap between business and technology, assisting each side in understanding the nuances and requirements of the other while harnessing data and emerging technologies to increase organizational effectiveness.
Past engagements include:
- Led the team providing regulatory advisory services to a digital trust bank related to the buildout of the Chief Risk Officer and BSA/AML Officer functions, including developing an enterprise risk assessment, risk appetite statement, and risk rating methodology aligned with the requirements of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. Additionally, performed customer segmentation analytics, developed the AML risk assessment, and configured AML models for customer risk rating (CRR), know your customer (KYC), and transaction monitoring for both fiat and digital currencies.
- Led the data and technology program related to an East Coast regional bank’s BSA/AML data quality, including the remediation of quality assurance items and implementation of a basic controls program.
- Led an assessment of a West Coast regional bank’s BSA/AML program focused on controls and developed a project plan to address identified issues.
- Led the AML data and technology program for a Big Four U.S. bank’s response to multiple regulatory consent orders, with a focus on risk mitigation, KYC data remediation, and BSA/AML data controls.
- Led the validation of a U.S. regional bank’s transaction monitoring model, including testing for effectiveness and conceptual soundness.
- Led the design and development for a U.S. super regional bank’s initial CRR model in response to a regulatory consent order.
- Led a data analytics team that analyzed an enterprise resource planning implementation for a Fortune 500 healthcare services company, leading to the identification of inefficiencies in various modules and $6 million in unrealized revenue.
- Specialized in designing and managing banking data systems that streamlined regulatory compliance and improved the customer experience.
- Led data preservation and analytics that are essential for bankrupt estates, restructuring, and winding down operations.
- Spearheaded a data and analysis team that collected and analyzed more than 50,000 engagement documents covering an 11-year period in a travel rebate litigation action against a Big Four accounting firm.
- Managed a data analytics team that calculated reinsurance premiums, claims paid, and damages on financial annuity products for a Fortune 500 financial services company, leading to an arbitration victory.
Prior to Treliant, Tyler was a Managing Director at Huron, leading its Financial Crimes Consulting practice. Before that, he was a Managing Director at Deloitte, a Senior Director at Alvarez & Marsal, a Director at FTI Consulting, and a Manager at both KPMG and Arthur Andersen.
Tyler holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Management Information Systems from the University of Houston and is a Certified Fraud Examiner.
Areas of Specialization
- AML Program and Process Improvement
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- Anti-Money Laundering / Bank Secrecy Act
- Complex Data Collections
- Compliance Audits
- Compliance Programs
- Corporate Investigations
- Data Quality
- Expert Witness Services
- Financial Crimes Compliance Programs
- Financial Investigations
- FinTech Compliance
- Fraud Risk Management
- Independent Monitorships and Consultancies
- Litigation Support / Expert Witness Testimony
- Model Validation
- OFAC / Economic Sanctions
- Project Management
- Remediation Plans / Implementation and Effectiveness Testing
- Risk Assessments
- Suspicious Activity Reporting
- Transaction Monitoring