Pam Parizek, a Managing Director in the Washington, DC office, leads Treliant’s Corporate & Regulatory Investigations service area. A former Senior Counsel with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC’s) Enforcement Division, she is an advisory leader with over 29 years of experience investigating securities fraud, accounting irregularities, and bribery allegations, as well as advising U.S. and global clients on regulatory compliance.
In her career, Pam has conducted a wide variety of forensic accounting investigations involving overstatement of revenue; improper deferral of expenses; misappropriation of assets; manipulation of reserves; improper accounting for bonus accruals, performance rebates, and accounts receivable reserves; premature recognition of software revenue; and improper capitalization of current period expenses. She specializes in crisis management involving multiple constituents including U.S. and foreign regulators, corporate boards and audit committees, C-suite executives, external counsel, independent auditors, and other stakeholders. She has also served as a forensic specialist to audit engagement teams on fraud risk, accounting irregularities, and alleged illegal acts.
Her regulatory compliance work has included the following roles:
- Forensic Accountant to the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) Regulatory Auditor during an SEC-mandated independent audit of NYSE policies and procedures regarding trading by floor members;
- Independent Auditor in a False Claims Act matter involving a global shipping company, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), and the Navy; and
- External Compliance Advisor for several multilateral investment funds, administering annual financial disclosure programs to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules.
In the anti-bribery and corruption space, Pam has led numerous cross-border investigations and has developed training programs, risk-assessments, compliance audits, due diligence procedures, and remediation plans for clients in the U.S. and abroad. She has led over 100 investigations in 30 countries and her findings have been presented to U.S. and foreign regulatory authorities including the SEC, U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), U.K. Serious Fraud Office (SFO), and others.
Pam has a JD from Northwestern University’s School of Law and a BA from Harvard College. She is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and holds a certification in financial forensics from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). She is also a member of the International Association of Independent Corporate Monitors (IAICM).
Areas of Specialization
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- Compliance Audits
- Compliance Programs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Investigations
- Due Diligence
- Email Review / Surveillance
- Financial Investigations
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Risk Management
- Government Investigations / Whistleblower Response
- Independent Monitorships and Consultancies
- Regulatory Relations
- Remediation Plans / Implementation and Effectiveness Testing
- Risk Assessments
- Securities Compliance / Brokerage