Max Sherman is a Senior Analyst with Treliant. He is experienced in fair lending, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), internal audit, and regulatory exam preparation. Max has worked on an ongoing federal monitorship involving its AML and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Compliance program. Max has managed compliance and risk management projects for institutions of all sizes, from start-ups to systemically important financial institutions, including:
- Led a review of an international bank’s Know Your Customer (KYC) policies and procedures, including the analysis of high-risk customer profiles and activity;
- Served in a staff augmentation role as a fair lending analyst, which included completing comparative file reviews, statistical risk analysis, and executive level reporting for the Chief Compliance Officer of a $20 billion bank;
- Conducted a large-scale document and file investigation for a top 50 US bank by assets;
- Completed a performance context review for a $70 billion bank undergoing a Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) exam;
- Provided project support for banks undergoing Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) regulatory examinations.
Max is a Contributing Editor of the American Bankers Association (ABA) Reference Guide to Regulatory Compliance for the 27th, 28th, and 29th editions. He also contributed to and attended a seminar on “Countering the Financing of Terrorism” presented by the Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Prior to joining Treliant, Max was a Junior Operations Analyst at the Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM). Max has also worked at the U.S. Department of the Treasury, in the Office of the Middle East and North Africa.
Max holds a BA in International Relations from the School of International Service at American University in Washington, DC. He is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS).