Anne Moore, a Manager with Treliant, specializes in providing clients with valuable insights regarding consumer protection laws, regulations, and compliance programs. At Treliant, Anne is a member of the general compliance and FinTech teams having led and participated in the management and execution of key compliance advisory projects for international and domestic clients ranging from large top tier global financial institutions to startup companies including:
- Executing end to end CMS assessments, including performing gap analysis and providing strategic recommendations for enhancements on existing policies and procedures for: specialty lenders, mortgage and default servicers, student loan providers and servicers, credit card issuers and servicers, FinTechs, and banks of all asset sizes.
- Leading product monitoring and testing for compliance with the requirements of applicable consumer protection laws.
- Leading Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) program reviews including extensive testing, data mapping for reporting, and advising on remediation strategies.
- Developing comprehensive regulatory policies and procedures for emerging financial services companies.
- Assessing and enhancing operational and regulatory compliance risk assessment frameworks.
- Advising on and reviewing marketing collateral for compliance with the applicable provisions of UDAAP, Truth in Lending Act, and Truth in Savings Act.
- Designing and managing consumer complaint management systems. Providing governance, oversight, and leading complaint response teams; performing detailed industry hot topic research and compliance incident root cause analysis; escalating identified compliance gaps throughout the organization; advising and governing compliance incident remediation initiatives across all business lines and bank governance; performing monthly and quarterly fair and responsible banking monitoring and testing (including match pair analysis); providing Fair and Responsible Banking employee training; regular interaction and with and reporting to various state and federal regulatory agencies; performing detailed trend analysis; and providing monthly, quarterly, and annual board reports.
- Performing audit assessments in connection with a multi-year Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) review of the oversight of the governance framework and client monitoring systems for the sanctions program of a top-50 global bank, including extensive engagement with senior bank stakeholders and presenting findings to relevant parties.
- Managing multiple regulatory exams simultaneously and responding to various regulators’ requests.
- Advising on the compliance with the requirements of the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA). Managing a team of analysts review of and resubmission of the prior year’s HMDA loan application reporting (LAR), overseeing the migration to a new loan origination system (LOS), enhancing monitoring and testing procedures, and rebuilding the HMDA compliance program.
Consumer Financial Product Specializations: credit and charge card, deposit and cash management accounts, secured and unsecured installment loans, small dollar installment loans, student loans, and real estate loan products.
Anne holds an MBA from the A.B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane University with concentrations in Finance, International Business, and a specialty in Energy Markets. Anne holds a BA in Art History, with minors in Business and French from Tulane University. She completed coursework at the American Bankers Association National Compliance School and is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS).
Areas of Specialization
- Anti-Money Laundering / Bank Secrecy Act
- Compliance Audits
- Compliance Programs
- Consumer Laws / Regulations
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Card / Payments
- Credit Risk (Consumer)
- Due Diligence
- Fair Lending
- FinTech Compliance
- Independent Monitorships and Consultancies
- OFAC / Economic Sanctions
- Operational Risk
- Project Management
- Remediation Plans / Implementation and Effectiveness Testing
- Risk Assessments
- Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP) Readiness