Treliant is a proud sponsor of CBA LIVE 2021
Date: August 16-18, 2021
Venue: JW Marriott Grande Lakes
Join Treliant Speakers at the Following Sessions:
The Future is Now: Ensuring AI & Machine Learning Improve Fairness Rather than Create Risk
Date & Time: Monday, August 16, 2021 | 9:30AM
Overview: The banking industry’s increased adoption of artificial intelligence and machine learning models presents a unique opportunity for banks to expand credit access and alter traditional reporting systems. However, embracing new data algorithms and non-traditional scoring models brings the risk of unintentional discrimination and potential regulatory burden. Is the trade-off of more accuracy but less fairness worth it? Hear from a panel of experts and practitioners on how your bank can successfully navigate data-driven lending.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why some banks are unintentionally exposed to UDAAP, steering and redlining risk with adoption of AI and machine learning models;
- Best practices for incorporating new data and harnessing AI to expand credit; and
- How to mitigate disparate impact risk.
COVID Impact to Consumer Credit
Date & Time: Monday, August 16, 2021 | 2:00PM
Speakers: Tom Freeman, Treliant
Overview: The COVID-19 Pandemic and ensuing financial strain on millions of customers continues to be a top-of-mind concern for risk managers. To understand the current lending landscape and to help navigate the uncertainty around the full impact of the pandemic, we’ll share insights into how credit score dynamics have been changing since the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
In this session you will learn:
- The reporting of payment accommodations;
- Developing credit score trends with similarities/differences to prior downturns; and
- Recent changes in key credit metrics.
Racial Equity, Social Justice, and the Nexis with Community Reinvestment
Date & Time: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 | 2:15PM
Overview: Community advocates have felt that banks need to do more to serve historically underserved communities, including minority communities. In the wake of 2020’s racial justice protests, there are growing calls to use the Community Reinvestment Act as a means of expanding access to credit and banking services by minorities. In this presentation, we will discuss the intersection of the racial equity movement and CRA, including how approaches might differ under the OCC rule, the FDIC/FRB current rule, and the FRB proposed rule.
In this session you will learn:
- How racial equity can fit into CRA strategies under the new OCC rule, the existing Federal Reserve/FDIC rule, and the Federal Reserve proposal?
- How Community Development outreach and programming can foster diversity and inclusion; and
- How can banks leverage racial equity initiatives in meeting the needs of low- and moderate-income segments of the community.
Everything CFPB – The New Regime
Date & Time: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 | 4:30PM
Speakers: April Breslaw, Regulatory Advisor, Treliant, former Deputy Assistant Director, CFPB, Melissa Guidorizzi, Counsel, O’Melveny and Myers, former Senior Counsel Policy and Strategy, Office of Enforcement, and Tom Ward, Partner, Sidley Austin, former Head of Enforcement, CFPB
Overview: With every new Administration, the approach and tone of the CFPB changes with how they operate. In this session, former CFPB employees will discuss everything banks will face under new leadership. Topics will include policy, supervision, enforcement, and everything in between.
Learn More & Register: CBA LIVE Event Page