Ross Marrazzo, CFE
Senior Managing Director
Ross Marrazzo, Senior Managing Director and Service Area Executive with Treliant, has over 33 years of domestic and international experience in the design, oversight, and assessment of corporate and regulatory compliance, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions and fraud programs, and internal controls. Ross possesses a thorough knowledge of executive and operating functions and responsibilities within public companies and the financial services industry, including consumer and commercial banking, investment banking, insurance, and wealth management.
Over the span of his career, Ross has held senior leadership positions in a regulatory compliance capacity with a range of financial institutions, law firms, and the New York State Securities Division:
• GE Capital - Managing Director and Audit Executive, Global Compliance & Financial Crimes
• First Niagara Financial Group - Managing Director, Chief Compliance Officer, and Operational Risk Assessment Head
• The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation - Head of Global Compliance & Financial Crimes Audit
• Citigroup - Director, Global Compliance & Financial Crimes Audit
• Citigroup - Numerous senior Compliance Officer roles for both domestic and international businesses - banking, lending, insurance, and
• Law Firms - Public and private, offering securities compliance at two New York law firms
• New York State Attorney General’s Office, Bureau of Investor Protection & Securities - Securities Examiner
Ross has extensive experience in remediating regulatory issues and in working with U.S. state and federal regulators. Through his international experience, Ross possesses a broad understanding of foreign regulatory expectations. Ross’ U.S. regulatory experience includes work with the Fed, OCC, CFPB, SEC, and FINRA, along with state banking, securities, and insurance regulators.
Over the course of his career, Ross has spoken at a variety of conferences, including those hosted by the ABA, ACAMS Connecticut Chapter, FSO Knowledge Exchange, and SIFMA. He has also participated in an internet-based CFPB roundtable discussion hosted by The Exchange for Financial Institutions.
Ross is a graduate of St. John’s University and is a Certified Fraud Examiner.
Areas of Specialization
News and Articles
Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
Broker-Dealer, Hedge Fund, and Private Equity Compliance
Compliance Program Development
Strengthening the Compliance Program